innocence blog

A Web log for the Innocence Institute of Point Park University

Monday, June 20, 2005

Too old to be in prison?

Last week an advisory committee gave a 255-page report to the Joint State Government Commission, comprised of 14 House and Senate members, urging them to free sick, elderly inmates from prison, reports the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
The panel says releasing elderly inmates would promote humane treatment of longtime prisoners. It would also reduce prison overcrowding and cost for prisons. The price of providing for young, healthy inmates cost the state up to $30,000, but is minimal when compared to the maximum $64,000 it spends on elderly and sick patients.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    Hi, I am conducting a survey of Pittsburgh area Bloggers for my Masters dissertation and have selected your Blog from its listing on www.pghbloggers.com. Your participation in my online survey would be greatly appreciated and would only take around 5-10 minutes to complete. The survey can be reached at the following address
    http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?id=102461

    There has been some concern that this is SPAM, so hopefully my introductory weblog can verify that I am who I say I am: www.weblogsurvey.blogspot.com

    Thank you!
    Adam

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger sdRay said…

    My name is Ray and I just started a new blog about sacrament of confession. Its a place where you can chat about sacrament of confession confidentially. I hope you will come and check out www.MySecretConfessionSpace.com. Thanks for letting me post on your site.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home